Saturday, September 25, 2010

Day 6 - Pants Dilemma

I woke up late this morning. Out until 2 AM channeling Axl Rose into the karaoke mic. I must say, I did a pretty awesome rendition of Welcome to the Jungle. Anyway, I was going to a memorial service this morning for a Gator Peace Corps volunteer that was shot in Lesotho. Armed robbery. He was stepping in front of the woman he was with to protect her and the dude thought he was getting aggressive, shot 'em, died instantly. Pretty tragic. I didn't know him but wanted to pay respects and support our recruiter who is very tightly connected with all her volunteers. She's having a difficult time with it. I won't get deep on you in regards to the service, instead I'm going to get a little shallow to lighten it up.

Running late. I go to get dressed and realize I have no dress pants that fit anymore. I hadn't even considered replacing them yet, and I had to wear pants because I was riding my bike. I put on the pair that was too tight on me before I started PCP, and they hung loosely off my ass. They buckled and stayed up fine though. I went with them. This is quite a dilemma for me! Nice dress pants aren't cheap, and I have 5 pair in my closet that don't even come close to fitting me anymore. I know, the thrift store. I checked one out on the way home. Most of the dress pants still too big, but scored 3 pairs of tight jeans for $15. I like jeans. Maybe I'll just invest in one pair of nice versatile dress pants. One will do for now.

Ok, off to do the workout. No time this morning, but I need to get it done. Have a wonderful rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Or go to a tailor and ask them to make adjustments. I've done that, and it saves a bundle + keeps the pants you like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I am with the tailor option. I get all my suits custom tailored anyway (yes, in fact I DO work for an investment bank!) and after PCP they were ghetto-street-walkin-gangsta-hangin-off-the-hips. So I had them all taken in, about the max possible before they would seriously look ridiculous. So find a random old dude with a sewing machine and get 'em stitched up!

    ReplyDelete