Sunday, September 26, 2010

Day 7 - Birthday Picnic

I dedicate this post to the woman that told me to eat a cheeseburger last night and to all the other people who will tell me to eat a cheeseburger in the future. Why is it that the cheeseburger is the standard weight gain option? Every time someone says that to me, I'm like, dude, I do eat cheeseburgers, just not the McDonald's kind. I buy the beef and make them on my own and I put some thin slices of seriously sharp Vermont white cheddar on them. They're excellent, and yes, when I eat them, I STILL stay this size. Anyway, she will be relieved to know that I nourished my body with a gigantic piece of carrot cake AND a sliver of apple tart at my birthday picnic today. I will not wither up and blow away now. I'm saved! Ha!

Yes, so I met some friends out at Cellon Oak Park to celebrate the beginning of year 32 of life. It's a park with a gigantic live oak as it's center piece. Some facts: it has a 30 ft circumference, 160 ft crown spread and is 85 ft tall. A perfect place to spread blankets and have a big picnic. We were the only ones there and the day was perfect. Started out sunny, turned a bit overcast by the end, but cooled off. The theme was relaxation. I didn't want any crazy late night parties this year. I wanted to chill and just be in a beautiful place with people I love. We had sandwiches, fruit salad, various veggie and pasta salad dishes, cake and apple tart. A good afternoon. Made me feel content. My actual birthday will be Tuesday, but this was enough celebration for me.

I enjoyed my 10 minute stretch this morning. I took my time getting out of it though, didn't want to upset anything in my legs. I practiced grabbing stuff in my shower, too. I'm actually not half bad. I think it's because I walk around in my house in the dark a lot. I get up and pee, go get water, etc. I don't like to turn lights on if I wake up in the middle of the night, makes it harder for me to go back to sleep so I practice at walking blind a lot.

8 comments:

  1. Jenny, happy early birthday!
    Also, i do that same thing in my apt - i don't turn lights on if i get up to pee and kind of generally walk around "blind" a lot. so funny that you do it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also walk around with no light VERY often. I live in my parents basement. Its finished, walls, carpet, the works. Whenever I am alone in the basement it is guaranteed that I am down there with the door closed and 0 lights on. Now this is given of course the fact the computer monitor is on but thats it. Even if it isn't on, then I still leave the lights off when I walk through to turn on the computer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once you've got the shower down try in a more unfamiliar place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenny, Happy Birthday !!!
    Nice way to celebrate your birthday.
    I don't turn lights on when I get up to pee either. I usually get up at least twice but I can go back to sleep right away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday Jenny! (Looks like most of your old PCP crew is still here with you!) Sounds like a fabulous picnic and a wonderful way to celebrate your very eventful year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carrot. Cake. CARROT CAKE!!!!
    http://thepeakconditionproject-renfield.blogspot.com/2010/04/carrot-cake.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy bday Jenny! your picnic sounds great! i like the relaxation theme. No im not eating so much vegies i dont have to get up so much in the middle of the night now! haha.

    ReplyDelete