Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 8 - Stretching

Since we got an email regarding stretching today, I thought I'd let everyone know this is my absolute favorite part of the workout. Ok,ok, yes, I love punching and kicking. Well, shit, and when you get down to it, I love all the strength work, too. I'm actually trying to decide if I miss pistol squats and floor jumps. Do they hurt so good or so bad? Blarg! Mind wandering...

Stretching. There's something so invigorating about a good, deep stretch. I find that the hardest part is having the patience to hold for minutes, but short stretches just don't provide the same kind of rush. Even after a week, I'm noticing myself drop into stretches a bit further and with more ease. I'm also seeing the benefit in my ballet. I mean, I still suck, bad, but I'm looking better. Tonight I could really see some improvement in the mirror.

And, randomly, for your viewing enjoyment. Here's a couple pictures, one from the picnic.

Wow, I really am one skinny ass bitch. I definitely don't look 32. The other is of the one piece of carrot cake that I saved to nom on with my birthday lunch tomorrow. Yum! Are you jealous, Ren?


5 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny! Happy Birthday!

    Check you out, getting all kung-fu and shit. Love it! Go you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Learning to stretch is one of the few important things you can do with your life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BURFDAY! september babies are the best! you are my freakin hero. can't believe you went from pcp to kfb. that's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahhaha grace. i say burfday too. sigh.
    team badass got your back jenny.
    sarah, grace: u guys keen? I am!! x

    ReplyDelete