Sunday, October 10, 2010

Day 21 - Six-pack

This is for you, Ren!

Second fitness date today. 4-mile run on my favorite trail.

Finish run, I take off my shirt to cool down. No, I didn't do this for his benefit. It's my routine. I get sweaty and like to feel the breeze on my skin.

Dude says while staring at my tummy: "Have you always had a 6-pack?"

Jenny smiles: "What?! This old thing. You wanna touch it?" No, no, no, I didn't really say that, but I did say, "Naw, it's only a few months old, wanna touch it?"

Dude, "Really?" And, immediately feels up my rock hard abs.

Nice, but whatever, FTSP! I am so much more than my abs. :) And, I must say, this guy is a little indecisive and slow-moving for my taste. I mean, I don't mind the respect of taking it slow, but I like a little confident, take-charge action, and he's more like an unsure boy. Oh well, whatevs! I had a nice run this evening and just enjoyed a beautiful sunset from the comfort of my spacious backyard.

All's well with the workout. I was a bit over-indulgent yesterday with food but back on target today. I ate some killer smoked ribs last night. They were cooked on a smoker that I pitched in on for some friends that recently got married. YUM! My stretch was nice this morning, but I really have to take it super slow getting out of it. Meditation good. I did two longer (15 minute) sessions this weekend. Yesterday was great. Today, my mind was all over the place. I find that (besides my breath) I come back to the birds. So many birds outside in the mornings. They really bring me back to the moment. Also, the cars rushing by on the highway outside my house. So, sounds, sounds seem to pull me back from my incessant musing.

I'm mulling over a longer, more serious post for the near future. I've been thinking a lot about fear lately and how it shapes my life and my actions. Soon, I will throw some of those thoughts onto the interwebs for your feedback.

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!! xoxoxo!

2 comments:

  1. I used to dream of sweaty women asking me "Do you wanna touch my six-pack?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Can I touch it?" RANDOM! Coming back to the birds is a great way to stay grounded, keep on coming back to what is real and laying aside what is phantasms of the neo-cortex and you'll see some big changes in your life.

    ReplyDelete