Sunday, October 24, 2010

Day 35 - Practice makes perfect

My emotions are back in balance. I enjoyed the wedding reception last night. Danced my ass off in my blazing red come f%&k me heels. You know the kind. I don't get to wear them often, and it was fun to pair them with a $2 thrift store dress. It's the first wedding reception in a long time that I've done sober. I loved it, and left early enough to get some decent sleep. Win.

I also made it to the Asian festival today. It was actually some quality time with some of the same friends I've been feeling distanced from as of late. :) Among the things I enjoyed at the festival today, a performance by Chinese acrobats, Aikido demonstrations, beautiful bonsai trees, spicy Kung Pao peanut ice cream (sorry, I felt it was sinful to pass up trying this flavor, DELICIOUS!), and lots of window shopping the booths.

Tonight, I watched our local roller derby team. If I was going to stick around Gainesville for awhile, I might consider going out for the team. That shit looks fun, and I could dress all crazy and slutty and it would be acceptable! Instead, I just watch. The home team won. And, a couple girls on the other team cried.

Last thing I want to share tonight...I ate dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant. Got a gigantic bowl of tofu rice noodle soup. 'Twas excellent. And, in my fortune cookie, "Practice makes perfect." Auspicious.


1 comment:

  1. I should clarify, the ladies on the other team didn't cry because they lost. They cried because they took some hard hits. One was a flip landing her ribs on top of another ladies' skate. Ouch. The other chick took a hard knee to the floor.

    ReplyDelete