Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 32 - Just do it

To those crazy people thinking of doing next round of KFB (you know who you be), I say, go for it. You've got the food down. No challenge there. (Speaking of food, I've been rockin' the stir-frys lately. ) The workout is fun, but tough. Tough in a different way than PCP, though. I want to say its more mental but then PCP was pretty mental for me. Really, I think for me it's just highlighted my most despised physical weaknesses and brought them to the forefront. An example. I know that I'm supposed to relax when I'm stretching, but I get so goddamned frustrated with my body's limitations that I screw up any potential progress, which then spirals into me being annoyed with myself for being frustrated, causing more stress and more tension, a vicious counterproductive cycle. (Sometimes I think Patrick that you can read my mind). Then, I see an adorable little carolina wren bouncing from limb to limb in the gigantic azalea bush outside my window, twittering at me, watching curiously. And, I smile, regroup and relax. But, it's a process, and right now, I'm really feeling my weaknesses.

I know, I know, I just wrote that great inspirational post about my core strength, but what I really want is to be able to do be able to bend my body in the ways I ask it to bend. And, it just doesn't. Part of the problem is overcoming the mental block that stretching is different than strength training. If I can train my body to do pull-ups, then I must able to train my body to do a split. But, really, can I? At this point, I'm just not so sure.

Anyway, I don't know where I'm going with this post. I'm a little scattered tonight. I only wanted to give you some encouragement and say go for it! Don't YOU want to have your most offensive limitations highlighted? That's right, offensive. I'm totally offended by my body's utter lack of flexibility.

On an upnote, my teeny target is hung right underneath a glass light shade and every time I make a good uppercut connection, it hits the lamp shade, DING! You know, like those sledgehammer strength challenges at the fair. DING!! Hehe. Brings me great joy.

4 comments:

  1. No matter what your weakness is, KFB will find it and drag it into the light of day. Which is why it causes so much mental strain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Patrick, that sounds awesome. Sooooo much fun.

    Actually, it probably is fun, if you can keep a good sense of humor about it. And Jenny, sounds like you're doing that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oy vey, Patrick! ...is all I can say.

    ReplyDelete