Thursday, October 28, 2010

Day 39 - Cravings

I've been having cravings but not the typical junk food cravings. All I want nowadays is milk, yogurt, eggs, sweet potatoes and avocados...with a little honey in the mix for sweetness. I swear, I could live off these things. I could go buy some random protein for dinner tonight and probably should, but I really want the same thing I had for dinner last night. 2 eggs scrambled with thyme, grape tomatoes and a wee bit of sharp white cheddar, seasoned with nothing but white pepper. On the side, steamed broccoli and sweet potatoes, both plain, nothing added. I just don't want anything else, and the broccoli is just to throw in some variety and green.

Also, ballet wrecked my legs last night. My groin muscles have been aching ALL DAY LONG. I think I'm gonna soak in a hot bath this evening. Maybe that will help relax things?

3 comments:

  1. Hmm...sweet potato and avocado. Need to try that. I have been LOVING autumn veggies and fruits; apples, squash and pumpkin and sweet (and regular) potatoes. And now cabbage and long onions...also totally unseasonal but been on a total bell pepper kick.
    I stab a hole in it, nuke for 2 minutes until almost exploded, and eat it down to the stem (seeds and all.)
    Or for breakfast I halve them, crack in an egg, and throw in a covered pan with a wee bit of water until it's all steamed/simmered.
    Dash on some furikake spices and I am set.
    Don't do much with "normal" spices; here we have furikake, which is basically flavoring for tossing onto white rice. Awesome place in Ginza has crazy flavors like Italian Tomato and Yellow Curry, as well as the traditional stuff like bonito flake and seaweed.

    Avocado and pumpkin omlette, with honey...hmm...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh shit, you may be on to something....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stuff, Ren - nice top tips

    ReplyDelete