Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 36 - Relaxing to new levels

Good workout this morning, great ballet class tonight. Not perfect, just noticing improvements.

Now that I'm aware of the tension I unconsciously held in my body, I can actually focus on relaxing into new levels of kicks, power punches, stretches and ballet balance. The pull in my right leg isn't completely healed, but I was able to swing through it this morning with little pain. I love freestyle. Each set flew by and I found myself wanting to just punch and punch, kick and kick. I will make that teeny tiny evil ball my bitch. I also noticed that when I let my body relax, my balance was much more stable in ballet. The legs were tensed holding me up but when I let the rest of my body just relax into the posture, I immediately stopped wavering. Felt right.

I can't help but connect all of this to my emotional situation early in the weekend. I was really feeling the weaknesses in my body, the injuries, the limitations. At the same time, I was seriously reflecting on some life issues. The relief from the emotional turmoil came at the same time I discovered and truly understood the usefulness of letting go of tension during my workout.

So, what are we in right now, Week 6? I feel like it's taken me this long to discover a key that will open the door to real progress. Exit Jenny.

Enter the Ninja....


No comments:

Post a Comment