Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 37A - Ugh.

I just ate fast food for the first time since Indulgence #2 on PCP. My excuse, I just plain ran out of time today. I had to eat before teaching (in 2 minutes), and I bought a Chargrilled Chick-fil-a sandwich. I figured, at least it's not fried and comes with a whole wheat bun and lettuce and tomato. It was GROSS. I mean, so much salt it was burning my tongue. Is that even possible??? It's final. My tastes have changed. I'm oversensitive to salt. Too much is a bad thing.

Tune in later for some Haddle Haiku. Seriously, I wrote a Haiku this morning to share but not right now. :)

4 comments:

  1. I recently ate at this new place that opened up near me called Zoe's Kitchen. It's a chain, but the menu looked decent: Greek-inspired food, lots of salads, salmon & shrimp, chicken kebabs, etc. I got the grilled shrimp salad, and simply could not eat it because of all the damn salt on the shrimp. Yes, too much salt burns your mouth! It's amazing how we used to eat that stuff much more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dude, i hear ya on the salt. recently, i've discovered that i can no longer eat two of my old faves - buffalo wings from this dive bar and potbelly's turkey sammiches. the salt in both just absolutely kills me. sigh.. it's one of those good-bad things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you didn't binge on pizza and spend the evening covered in allergic hives, shivering in the shower, puking and dry heaving. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Given the choices, I'd pick Ren's one last. I'm really noticing the reaction to too much salt as well -

    ReplyDelete